How to Install and Use a Flight Simulator
A lot of people enjoy flying. But the most anxious activity is to fly aircraft yourself. For this reason you must take the benefits from the Flight Simulator. Do you know what advantages the flight simulator has? First of all, it includes dozens of existing airports in the world, hundreds of existing civil aviation aircraft of various kinds, ranging from small single glider without an engine ending with giants such as «Boeing 747″. A complete list of the aircraft doesn’t exist because you can download additional planes from the Internet and add them to the simulator. The scenery is worth mentioning. Towns, big cities, skyscrapers, villages, forests, jungles are amazing. You can hold the whole planet in your hands including wonderful terrain, mountains, canyons, waterfalls, etc. Besides, the weather is changeable in the sim. You may experience a nice bright day and storm. By the way, there is an excellent detailed aircraft panel. It includes a realistic control system, cruise control, navigation system, Garmin G1000, ATC, and more. It has 2D and 3-dimensional cockpit; in both cases you should use a mouse for gamer. 30 different missions are available.
Well, knowing that and having built a good gaming PC for flight simulators, you must install the program properly to get the real pleasure of flying. It is recommended to install the game in a faultless system. So, not to reinstall Windows, you should prepare it for the simulator. First, check for viruses. Then clean the register. Defrag the disk and restart your PC. Now your computer is ready for flight simulator installation.
- The installation of the simulator consists of two stages.
- The installation of a basic version Flight Simulator X (comes on two DVDs). After the installation, it is desirable to run the simulator, enter the game and get to initiate the creation of configuration files.
Here are the detailed tips how to install a Flight Simulator.
- Step 1. If you have “Flight Simulator” on the disc, insert it into the CD/DVD. If you don’t have any, you can obtain free version in the Internet (FMS Download).
- Step 2. Then select a preferable language and click “Next”.
- Step 3. Mark the checkbox when you agree with the terms and conditions and click “Next”.
- Step 4. You have to select the directory of installation. It’s better to use the default directory setting. Click “Next”.
- Step 5. After having installed successfully the FMS software, click “Finish”.
- Step 6. Configure the simulator settings for yourself.
The next step is to adjust the remote settings. Select “Controls” from the top menu of navigation. Select “Analog Control” – “Joystick Interface”. Then click “Mapping/Calibration” and adjust your remote settings. Here you should edit the settings of your transmitter. Move the joystick and check the channels to which input they are assigned. On the right side of the window you will see the visual indicators to verify the controls. Then rotate the control sticks for several times and put them back in a neutral position. So, you are ready to calibrate the transmitter.
- The installation of add-ons “Acceleration” (one DVD). This is a very important step because the addition includes the necessary service pack with lots of solved problems. After the installation, it is recommended to restart the computer, and then to run the simulator once more.
As for the optimization, you’d better choose special utilities such as FSPS-XTREME FSX PC, for example. Using the utilities for the simulator, you get the reality of flying.
These two stages are the main. Further you can adjust such features as scenery, weather, air traffic, add-ons.